Mayor of Seattle
Ed Murray served as mayor of Seattle from 2013 until his resignation in September 2017. Murray has also served in the Washington House of Representative and the Washington Senate.
At least five people have accused Murray of sexual abuse. They include:
- 1970s: Murray allegedly sexually molested his 13-year-old cousin
- mid-1980s: Murray alleged paid at least two teenage boys for sex
- 1984: Murray alleged sexually abused his foster son. An Oregon child-welfare substantiated the claims at the time and recommend that he not be allowed to foster any additional children.
- 1986: Murray allegedly raped and molested a 15-year-old boy, and paid him for sex.
- Seattle Mayor Ed Murray resigns after latest child sex-abuse allegation | CNN (CNN)
- Seattle mayor denies knowing accuser, who says ‘I have nothing to hide’ (The Seattle Times)
- Lawsuit alleges Seattle Mayor Ed Murray sexually abused troubled teen in 1980s (The Seattle Times)
- Mayor Ed Murray’s cousin: He sexually abused me, too (The Seattle Times)